The Indian Army Technical Graduate Course (TGC) is a program offered by the Indian Army to recruit engineering graduates into the army as commissioned officers. The TGC is a technical course that aims to develop technical and leadership skills in the candidates, making them capable of handling challenging and demanding tasks in the army.
Indian Army TGC Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern
The TGC program is open to both male and female candidates who have completed their engineering degree or are in the final year of their engineering course. The age limit for the program is between 20 to 27 years.
Indian Army TGC Selection Process
- SSB Interview
- Psychological Test
- Personal Interview
- Medical Examination
Indian Army TGC Syllabus For English
- scientific research.
- General politics.
- Knowledge of current events.
- Indian Constitution.
- Science – invention and discovery.
- Current Affairs- National and International.
- Economy, Banking and Finance
- Budget and five year plans.
- Important financial and economic news.
- India and its neighboring countries.
Indian Army TGC Syllabus For Mathematics
- Time And Work.
- Ratio And Time.
- Time And Distance.
- Ratio And Proportion.
- Number Systems.
- Whole Numbers.
- Profit And Loss.
- Use of Tables And Graphs.
- Fundamental Arithmetic operation
- Decimals And Fractions.
Indian Army TGC Syllabus For Electrical Engineering
- Power Systems.
- Electromagnetic Fields.
- Signals and Systems.
- Power Electronics.
- Electric Circuits.
- Electrical Machines.
- Analog And Digital Electronics
- Control Systems.
- Electrical And Electronics Measurement etc.
Indian Army TGC Syllabus For Mechanical Engineering
- Fluid mechanics.
- Heat transfer.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Machine Design.
- Turbo Machinery.
- Engineering materials.
- Power Engineering.
- Mechanics of Materials.
- Theory of machines.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Production planning and control.
- I C. engine.
- Metrology and Inspection.
- operations Research.
- Inventory control
- computer Integrated Manufacturing.
- Casting, forming and joining processes.
- Machining and machine tool operation.
Indian Army TGC Syllabus For General Knowledge
- Scientific Research.
- General Politics.
- India And It’s Neighboring Countries.
- Indian Constitution.
- Budget And Five-Year Plans.
- Knowledge of Current Events.
- Current Affairs- National And International.
- Economy, Banking And Finance
- Science- Inventions And Discoveries
- Important Financial And Economic News etc
Indian Army TGC Syllabus For Civil Engineering
- Concrete Technology.
- PSC Structures.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Bridge Engineering.
- Construction And Project Management.
- Environmental Studies
- Hydraulic Structures.
- Civil Engineering Material And Construction.
- Reinforced Concrete Structures.
- Steel Structures.
- Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Estimation, Costing And Specifications.
- Solid Mechanics And Foundation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering.
- Hydrology And Water Resources Engineering. Etc
Indian Army TGC Syllabus For Electronics Engineering
- Analog Electronics.
- Digital Electronics.
- Basic of Circuits And Measurement Systems.
- Electrical And Electronic Measurement.
- Signals, Systems and Communication.
- Analytical, Optical Instrumentation.
- Transducers, Mechanical Measurement And
- Industrial Instrumentation.
- Control Systems And Process Control.
Indian Army TGC Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
The selection process for TGC includes a written test followed by an interview and medical examination. The written test covers general awareness, English language, and engineering-related questions. Candidates who clear the written test are called for an interview, which includes a group discussion and a personal interview. After the interview, candidates undergo a medical examination to ensure they meet the physical and medical requirements of the army.