India Post has released the notification for the Grameen Daak Sevak GDS post. There is a total of 12828 vacancies in this recruitment. The application opening date is 22/05/2023 and the closing date is 11/06/2023. Check the India Post GDS Salary 2023 from the below-given section.
India Post GDS Salary 2023
The candidates who will be selected for the post of Grameen Daak Sevak GDS will get the Rs.10,000 – Rs.29,380 basic salary. Check the Pay band, Pay Slip, Level, Grade Pay and other important details from the below-given section.
- Pay Scale: Rs.10,000 – Rs.29,380/-
- Minimum Basic Pay: Rs.10,000/-
- Maximum Basic Pay: Rs.29,380/-
India Post GDS Salary: Grade Pay
India Post GDS Salary: Pay Band
India Post GDS Salary: Pay Level
India Post GDS Salary In Hand
- In Hand Salary = Basic Pay + Allowances – Deduction
India Post GDS Per Month Salary
- Per month Salary = Rs.10,000 + Allowances – Deduction
India Post GDS Salary Allowances
Office Maintenance Allowance (OMA)
- Rs.100 per month for GDS Sub Postmaster /Branch Postmaster
Fixed Stationery Charge
- Rs.25 per month for GDS Sub Postmaster /Branch Postmaster and Rs.10 for other categories of GDS like GDS Mail Deliverer/ Stamp vendor and Mail Carrier doing delivery work | 25 रुपये प्रति माह जीडीएस सब पोस्टमास्टर/ब्रांच पोस्टमास्टर के लिए और जीडीएस की अन्य श्रेणियों जैसे जीडीएस मेल डिलीवरर/स्टांप वेंडर और डिलीवरी कार्य करने वाले मेल कैरियर के लिए 10 रुपये |
- Actual charges paid to the Boatman are subject to a maximum of Rs.50 per month for the Conveyance of Mail | नाविक को भुगतान किया गया वास्तविक शुल्क मेल के परिवहन के लिए प्रति माह अधिकतम 50 रुपये के अधीन है।
Cash Conveyance Allowance
- Rs.50 per month
Cycle Maintenance Allowance (C.M.A)
- Rs.60 per month for GDS Mail Deliverer/Mail Carrier who uses their own cycle for discharge of Duty. Present Minimum Distance Condition of 10 kilometres for the grant of Cycle maintenance allowance stands withdrawn
Combined Duty Allowance (CDA) for Branch Postmaster
- GDS Branch Postmasters performing delivery or conveyance duties or both will be paid Rs.500 P.M. for each item of work separately
- BPM exchanging Mails at the Bus stand or at Railway Stations will be compensated at the rate of Rs.250 P.M.
- If the Branch Postmaster is performing delivery at the BO village only, it will be restricted to Rs.250 P.M.
India Post GDS Salary Slip
Check the India Post GDS Salary Slip details from the below given section.
India Post GDS Salary After 7th Pay Commission
The basic salary is Rs.10,000 and the maximum basic salary is Rs.29,380/-. Candidates will also get the allowances with the basic salary.
GDS Job Profile & Residence/Accommodation
BRANCH POSTMASTER (BPM)
- Day-to-day postal operations of Branch Post Office (B.O) and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) in the manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
- Marketing and promotion of products and services being provided by the Department and operating various services in the Customer Services’ Centre (CSC) of the Department etc.
- In the single-handed BOs, BPMs have the overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of the Office including mail conveyance and mail delivery.
- In the BOs other than single-handed, the BPMs may be assisted by ABPM(s). However, BPM will be required to do combined duties of ABPM(s) as and when ordered or in the case of non-availability of ABPM(s). Any other work can also be assigned by superiors like Mail Overseer (M.O)/Inspector Post (IPO) / Assistant Superintendent of Post (ASPO)/ Superintendent of Post offices (SPOs) /Senior Superintendent of Post Office (SSPOs) etc.
- Residence/Accommodation: The applicant selected as GDS BPM will have to provide accommodation for Branch Post Office after selection but before engagement. A declaration to this effect with details of accommodation is to be submitted before engagement. The applicant so selected will be required to reside in Post village (the village in which the BO is functioning) only. The accommodation should meet the standards as prescribed by this Directorate letter No. 17-02/2018-GDS dated 08.03.2019 as amended from time to time.
Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)
- Sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail at doorstep, exchange the mail with account office etc. deposits/payments/other transactions of IPPB.
- To assist BPM in postal operations in a manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
- Marketing and promotion of products and services being provided by Department and operating various services in the Customer Services’ Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- ABPM may also be required to do Combined Duty of BPM as and when ordered in case of non-availability of BPM in addition to his/her regular duties.
- Any other work assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs etc.
- Residence: ABPMs are required to reside within the delivery jurisdiction of the Post Office (HO/SO/BO) concerned.
India Post GDS Salary 2023: FAQs
Let me know in the comment box if don’t get your answer.